First Floor Commercial Space
Our goal is to use the commercial space on the first floor to house businesses, non-profits, and/or social enterprises that provide services and amenities that enhance the neighborhood. We see the potential for synergies to develop with such a mixed use building. Living in close proximity to the businesses and organizations on the first floor will add to the walkable quality of life for neighbors in the surrounding neighborhoods. The vibrant community living on the second floor will increase the exposure and traffic for the businesses and organizations on the first floor. There is even an opportunity for the second floor residents to own the businesses or be involved in creating the organizations in the commercial spaces, making a living in the same building in which they make their home.
“We need to develop and disseminate an entirely new paradigm and practice of collaboration that supersedes the traditional silos that have divided governments, philanthropies and private enterprises for decades and replace it with networks of partnerships working together to create a globally prosperous society.”
Possibilities Being Explored for the Commercial Space
- Urban Homesteading/Sustainable Living-focused Makerspace with monthly memberships
- Non Profit office space for sustainability focused organizations and co-working space for solopreneurs and start-ups
- Gallery space/Artist work spaces (rented and other options)
- Reception and event space for special event rental
- Neighborhood amenities, such as a cafe, bakery, or farmers’ market
- Community kitchen for classes and food trucks/food start-ups use, classes could focus on Urban Homesteading education
Do you have an idea for the commercial space or is your organization interested in be located in the ecovillage? If so, please fill out the participant interest form.